January 16, 2019

Fixing Easy Hugo

I’d been fighting with what I thought was a bug in easy-hugo, but when I stopped posting with Hugo I sort of forgot about it.

Now that I’m back I finally dug in and tried solving the problem.

The solution was simple but took me hours to find. I had put the following in my config.toml file…

newContentEditor = "vim"

Posting with Emacs/easy-hugo would obviously (in hindsight) not care for that. I removed the setting and I’m off and running with easy-hugo.

Here’s my config, fwiw…

;; Hugo config

;; This fixes an easy-hugo error when switching publish directories
;; when there are many
(setq max-specpdl-size 10000)
(setq max-lisp-eval-depth 10000)

(use-package easy-hugo
  :ensure t
  (setq easy-hugo-basedir "~/Dropbox/sites/blog/")
  (setq easy-hugo-url "https://www.baty.net")
  (setq easy-hugo-image-directory "img/2019")
  (setq easy-hugo-postdir "content/post/2019")
  (setq easy-hugo-previewtime "300")
  (setq easy-hugo-preview-url "http://localhost:1313/")
  (setq easy-hugo-bloglist
    ;; blog2 setting
    '(((easy-hugo-basedir . "~/Desktop/quickstart/")
    (easy-hugo-url . "http://example2.com")
    (easy-hugo-sshdomain . "myblogdomain")))))

Previous post
Struggling with Lightroom CC I’ve been trying to use Lightroom CC exclusively for managing and editing photos. The intention was to go all-in for a while and determine if I
Next post
Attacking Jack Dorsey I’m no fan of Twitter’s Jack Dorsey. I don’t agree with how he’s handled the many serious issues plaguing Twitter, but my opinion of him doesn’t